Thursday, September 5, 2013

What's Trending Thursday

Earlier this week I was browsing gap.com when I came up with an idea for a weekly blog post.  I have been trying to come up with a weekly blog segment and this one  just fits. When I say "trending" I don't mean this is exclusive to twitter.  Really anything can be trending: fashion, music, books, you get the point.  

Every thursday I will post 3 to 5 trends. No category just things I think people need to know a little more about.  It would be cool if this became a linky thing and other bloggers could participate but we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.  For now let's just chat about what's trending today.

#1. Chambray



 via


You might say chambray is nothing new to the fashion scene and I would say you are correct.  In fact I have already worn out a chambray shirt, I purchased a few years ago, simply because I loved it to death.  I literally wore it until there were holes forming in the elbows.   
Chambray is clearly here to stay.  This fashion forward denim is so versatile,  I have even seen headbands and wedges made out of it!  
In the spring/summer pair a chambray popover  with bright colored shorts or a skirt. In the fall/winter a chambray dress with black leggings, brown boots and a comfy scarf is simply perfection.  You can't go wrong with chambray in any season.  


#2. Long Bobs - aka The Lob

love her hair. . .always

Love this cut & length!

Long bob

Seriously, when I first read that the long bob hairstyle had been nicknamed "the lob" I couldn't stop laughing. I don't think such a ridiculous nickname does this beautiful style justice.  I really appreciate the lob.  As someone who has had extremely short hair to very long I think I speak for most girls when I say this is the perfect medium.  It is still long enough to put up and curl which is important because who doesn't love options?  I think the lob is a hairstyle that women of all ages can pull off because it is so polished and classic. 
If you're like me and feel like your hair is getting a bit too long, the lob might be the perfect haircut for you! In fact I just might be getting my long hair trimmed into the lob this weekend.


#3.  Birchbox

Hands down Birchbox is the best $10 I spend every month.  It's such a treat to get samples of all my favorite things in the mail.  Over the past few years I can honestly say that Birchbox has changed several of my daily routines for the better.  I have found the worlds best CC Cream, non-creasing ponytail holders, my orange scented perfume, and my favorite luna bar from them. 
In a future post I will talk more about my specific Birchbox experiences but for now just saying sign up! When that fancy pink box arrives in the mail you will be so glad you did.


Happiness, 
Sarah D.

No comments:

Post a Comment