Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A long time coming...

This is a post I've been thinking about writing for a while now but haven't. When I began this blog I wanted it to be a diary and a place where I could share my life with people I know and more people that I don't. I think I've been pretty open and honest about myself and my life and I really like that, even though I took quite the hiatus from blogging. 

Last year when I was heavily blogging I chose to not write anything personal about relationships for good reason. When I started this blog I was a little over 2 months out of a relationship and in the midst of figuring out where to go with my life. At the time I thought that breakup was one of the hardest things I had ever been through because it  made me question everything about myself! My faith, my future, my personality..everything.

I spent some time post breakup getting to know myself again. I worked on figuring out what I wanted from my life and evaluated what was important to me. I rekindled friendships that I had lost and that has meant so much to me. At the time I needed a creative outlet and even when I take breaks from it I'm very thankful its still here.

In my life reevaluation I met someone who started out as a  friend like none other I have ever had. A friend that literally stopped at nothing to make me smile, to comfort me, and to make sure I was happy.  I'm pretty sure no one, besides my family, has ever made me feel so safe, loved, and special.  I honestly feel that with his support I can do anything.  Feelings like this are most certainly once in a lifetime because I know I'm not always the easiest person to put up with!

I'm beyond words excited to say that this friendship turned into a relationship which has turned into an engagement and in just a year will become a marriage.  I am without a doubt the luckiest girl in the world!  I cannot wait to share more about my wonderful fiance and our plans for the future!









3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! You look so beautiful! The pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean really is a great guy he'll never let you down trust me i know, that's why i miss him so much. He wouldn't settle for just anyone so you must be very special. Can't wait to have you as a sister in law and hopefully as a friend over time. Love your blog keep it up.

    ReplyDelete