Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's official....

In less than 24 hours I'm leaving on jet plane for NYC.



Have I started packing??....nope. That's what tonight is for because last night I spent the evening with 3 of my favorite men! Darryl Hall, John Oates, and my Daddy!!!!







I think the only thing I would redo about last night is the tickets. I wish I hadn't cheaped out on balcony seats and just paid for floor seats! Oh well....next time...I hope!


I wish I was kidding when I say this but about half way though Sara's Smile I started crying. Growing up my Dad sang that song to me and obviously I thought it was about me. The 4.5 minutes they sang Sara's Smile is one of my favorite memories to date. It doesn't get much better than having your Daddy's arm around you while Hall and Oates sings your song. I'm tearing up again just thinking about it...ha!


I also wish I had better pictures of the night but unfortunately there was a no flash policy. However, I did record a few songs that I won't be sharing on the interent. That just seems way more illegal to me than recording them to begin with...oops.


Ok, soooo NYC tomorrow morning! I hope my weekend in the Big Apple doesn't go by as fast as this week has!!



3 comments:

  1. That is just so sweet. Made me tear up just reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to find another Appalachian lover in the blog world! Looking forward to reading more in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came across your blog and wanted to say hello! I lived in Raleigh for a few years (NC State Alum... GO WOLFPACK! :o) but now I live in Alaska. Have a wonderful time in NYC! It is by far one of my most favorite places ever! When I lived on the East Coast I went at least once a year! Enjoy! :o)

    ReplyDelete