Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Fancies: Mixing Patterns

One of the things I most enjoy about Friday Fancies is that it requires me to step out of my comfort zone when it comes to fashion. I'm able to take a little bit of what I love and incorporate it with something more creative. Mixing patterns is very much "in" right now but hasn't been a trend I have tried. However, that's not to say that it couldn't be....



Friday Fancies-Mixing Patterns










I love patterned tights! A few weeks ago Old Navy had their tights 2 for $10 so picked up a few pairs and one pair similar to these. I also have a weakness for houndstooth prints and I think it is just an all around classy print. The pop of red makes this a little more fun and I could actually see myself wearing something similar IRL!




There are some really creative and beautiful "mixed patterns" at Long Distance Loving so go check them out!!!

7 comments:

  1. That skirt is adorable! Cute outfit!

    Happy to have found your blog. Have a lovely weekend!!

    xo
    Jaclyn
    A Day in the Life and Mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt and i also loooove patterned tights! great styling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those pumps are absolutely fabulous! great outfit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I also love houndstooth! I'm not very brave when it comes to mixing and matching either, but I like what you've done here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mix you did here! Simple yet totally fun! Those shoes are my favorite part though! I love the shade of red.
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Houndstooth and polka dot tights? Girl, give me a high five!

    Visit me at www.HAUTEWIFETODAY.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just enough mixing to feel accomplished, but still cohesive - love it!

    ReplyDelete