Tuesday, November 22, 2011

25 Facts About ME..

One

I am the only person in my family who doesn't live where I grew up and sometimes this makes me feel like the black sheep. After college the job market was pretty bad so I went where the jobs were.

Two

I miss my family back home a lot but I'm really thankful for the family I've made in Raleigh.

IThree

I became a vegetarian after listening to coworkers talk about "slaughtering" the deer they hunted day after day for months.

Four

I stopped being a vegetarian 6 months after I found out I had a dairy allergy.

Five

I've mentioned this in a separate blog post but back in August I got bit by a brown recluse spider and my bite has still not healed....even after 3 skin grafts.

Six

My dream job is to open a homeless shelter.

Seven

One time at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia this computer took my picture and then aged me to 65. I almost fainted when I saw that it looked exactly like my grandma. (and i mean identical)

Eight

I encourage everyone I k now to go to therapy. If you have the right therapist it will change your life.

Nine

After painting my room pink in the 8th grade I no longer wear or decorate with the color.

Ten

I wear a scarf almost every single day, even in the summer.

Eleven

My great(x8) grandfather was exiled from England by Queen Charlotte. Proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ;)

Twelve

I am NOT a morning person so every day at 7 a.m. my Daddy calls me to make sure I'm up. He started doing this for me when I was in college and it has just continued over the years. I really like that he's the first person I get to talk to...even though I'm pretty grumpy.

Thirteen

I naturally have blonde hair but I dye it red. I've always thought that darker hair just looks better on me.

Fourteen

Sephora is my favorite place! As a child I would get into my Mom and Grandma's make-up and come up with different ways to wear it. Then I would wash my face and do it all over again. I never get tired of playing with make-up!

Fifteen

I'm an only child. I think only children have a special relationship with their parents. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Sixteen

I feel guilty for not commenting on as many blogs as I read. I really want to get better about this!

Seventeen

I only wear yellow gold jewelry. Sometimes I wear two-toned jewelry but never just plain silver. Something about it just doesn't look right on my skin.

Eighteen

I am constantly making my friends call my cellphone because I can't find it in the bottom of my purse and without it I start to panic.

Nineteen

For the past year I have not had cable...GASP!!! Its not as bad as you would think and I catch up on my favorite T.V shows online.

Twenty

My favorite band is and probably will always be Hall and Oates. As a child I listened to the song "Sara Smile" at least a thousand times on my parents record player. I'm really excited about seeing them in concert in a few weeks!

Twenty-one

I never thought I would say this but I LOVE JEGGINGS!

Judge me if you will..

Twenty-two

I named my cat Sammy but later changed it to Samuel Adams because I enjoy their beer.

Twenty-three

I play in an adult kickball league and through it have made some amazing friends.

Twenty-four

I love my last name so much that if I ever get married I've considered making it part of my first name. If you know me personally you know that NO ONE just calls me Sarah.

ITwenty-five

I have a thing for boys from Ireland

...well maybe just one :)

4 comments:

  1. cute list! I am the only one who moved away from family too (and all 3 of my brothers work for my dad- double whammy!). It is tough doing your own thing. I also love that your dad calls you every morning. That is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post!! what a fun way to tell us more about yourself, i certainly enjoyed reading it

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm naturally red, but dye it blonde. :)

    can I be apart of your homeless shelter? love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved getting to know you better. I love Sephora too! I love that your Dad calls you every morning, I talk to my Dad almost daily also.

    I love that you want to open a homeless shelter! That is so cool.

    Tip: The more blogs you comment on, the more comments you will get. I love getting comments!

    ReplyDelete