Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sarah D's Product Reviews (Volume I)


I love reading product reviews on blogs so today I thought I would talk about a few products I've been loving lately!




For months now I have been reading and hearing about Essie nail polish. Every time I go to Target, a grocery store, or a pharmacy I look at their Essie display. More often than not I even picked some up and put it in my cart only to put it back before I checked out. So this past weekend I was in Target and decided I was just going to do it...and I bought 2!






Lady Like





Bordeaux

Sunday night I used Lady Like and I have to say that I really love this color! It's a lot less pink than it looks in the picture. I think it's a great nude color for the fall!



I was inspired to buy Bordeaux after reading Lauren K's blog.
Being the good Alpha Phi that I am how could I pass up this one up!





Over the summer I learned of another beauty must have called Birch Box. Hands down this might be the best $10 I spend every month. After filling out information about yourself on their website Birch Box sends between 5 and 7 samples a month of high end cosmetics. I have received such things as mascara, perfume, primers, face masks, and lotions. While I can't say I have loved everything I've tried, I still enjoyed testing it out for myself.





I just got October's box yesterday and I'm really looking forward to using the Laura Geller under make-up primer and Juno's Transformative Lipid Serum!





I feel like my skin has a mind of its own 99% of the time. I've been blessed with dry skin that is prone to acne. There aren't exactly a lot of moisturizing acne cleansers out there so I've had to come up with my own regimen that combines some acne prevention with a lot of moisture. I read a review of Lush's Sea Salt face/body scrub a few months ago and I am so glad I tried it for myself. This scrub has really improved the look and feel of my skin. While I still occasionally have breakouts I don't think they last as long while using this scrub. The main ingredients in this scrub are lime, sea salt, avocado, coconut, and vodka.




According to Lush's website...



The antibacterial effects of lime and the trace of alcohol in the product is ideal for blocked pores, blackheads or blemishes. The minerals in sea salt soften as the salt scrubs away dirt and blockages while fresh avocado and coconut give hydration back to thirsty skin, while violet leaf absolute calms and nurtures.




1 comment:

  1. I'm hesitant to try BirchBox because my skin is pretty sensitive, but I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete